November 26, 2007

FEC in practice

Conversion- can't get the color right!




Tweaked my exposure and contrast in ACR; defog, green (!) photo filter layer. Crop.



Not too much to say- SOOC. I had my flash pointing almost straight out to my left, pointing lightly up. I was trying to avoid bouncing off the red wall, and aiming more for the white post- but really hoping to avoid bouncing it at all. This was taken in a children's experiential museum, warehouse type setting. We had a fantastic time, and I spent a lot of time practcing with my flash. I don't quite have it yet, but I'm having a of fun working on it!

TFL!

4 comments:

cherie said...

like the black and white conversion.

Cindi Koceich said...

The black and white looks great...it's an awesome picture.
I'm no photoshop expert, but for the color could you duplicate the layer, add a layer mask, select her face with the lasso, use color balance to reduce the magenta, invert the mask and paint back where the magenta was bad (chin and head). You probably know more about PS but this is something I've been practicing with lately so I thought I'd share.

Tori said...

I think you did a great job! I really like the b/w conversion... in the color she still looks a little pink to me.

Lauren Hartman said...

You got a some great light on this one, good job! I hate trying to find white things to bounce off of, such a pain for sure!