September 7, 2008

Into each life, rain must fall...

...so we teach our children to celebrate and revel in the opportunity! Couldn't resist, once, I saw these the quote jumped into my head. We fortunately only had a downpour as the tail of hurricane Hannah passed us by. The kids had so much fun jumping in the puddles and running around.
I had to play with some of the new BnW techniques that were posted in my challenge on 2Ps. I'm likng this one a lot. I converted them in channel mixer, then did a slight cureves adjustemnt. I'm really digging black and white at the moment. Don't be surprised if a few color shots show up tomorrow, though- the rain makes all the green so vibrant, it's hard to pass up.




8 comments:

Reds said...

To be a kid again - would love to jump in puddles like that!! Love your b&ws!!

Jess said...

I LOVE playing in puddles! These are wonderful... I love your b&w conversion!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

What fun photos. Cool shots.

Val said...

How fun!!

Becky said...

If you have to have rain, might as well make the most of it--this looks fun!

Bobbi said...

Gosh I remember how much fun it was to play in the rain. I really need to just go out and do this with my kids the next time it rains here...I really think I am. Thank you for the inspiration :)

Yvette A said...

Awe great shots....I need to find some puddles now

Sharon said...

Cute and the perfect quote.