April 5, 2009

First haircut

Today was the day. Big sister's communion pics were to be taken, and Easter is next weekend. TIME for the first haircut. After trying to convince the kids to go to a BEAUTY saloon, I decided to cut it myself. After all, I've been cutting their bangs :)

So, this is S's "before" shot. Her hair is almost to the stool (When totally pulled straight, it's past her heiny).
During (thanks, dad). S kept herself busy with my ipod, listening to a little Jimmy Buffet while trying to pretend her hair isn't getting shorter.

She was convinced she's ugly. Before getting up, mind you. Just because it's hard to be four and to lose your long hair. She still isn't convinced it's great, but we are.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

awe....that is tough. We still haven't cut Katie's hair yet either. I just can't bring myself to do it. Love the expressions in these photos.

lcp said...

Aw, she is beautiful! My daughter is 4 and got her first cut a couple of months ago and I know what a big deal this is. I wish I had photos of the event - so great that you were able to get these.

Shanna said...

Poor baby!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

So nice that you took pictures of the event. She is so cute.

Anonymous said...

She will like these photos when she is older :) She looks so sad, poor baby! She is very pretty!

shirley said...

Aw, I'm sure she will like it after a couple of days - her hair will feel so light and swing-y. Great pictures of the event.

Amy said...

Her new style looks great! I need to take my girls for cuts too. :)

Angela2932 said...

Her hair is gorgeous! Good for you for cutting it, and I bet it's going to be even healthier/more beautiful looking now with the cut. Hope she's feeling more comfortable with it today!