June 12, 2008

Poppy

This is Poppy. He is another man in our lives who has our respect and love. He has a special place in my heart because he is so similar to my wonderful DH. He is so easy going, and always has a million different ways that he shows his love to his family. Between building, gardening, driving, chipping in, being there- Poppy is always on it.
Poppy allowed Miss K help him prepare the ground for the garden. He taught her so much, and she loved spending the time with him.
He gave the girls turns riding/driving the tractor. They felt like they were the coolest kids around. Hey, they were!
And here's a shot basking in the sun with DH's grandma, his mom. Family is so important to him; he treasures geneology and hertiage. He has a vast collection of family photos, films, DVD's, 8 mms, etc. as well as books about Italy and American politics. But we won't talk about politics :0)

Poppy has an amzaing ability to listen, and make you feel what you have to say is important. He loves to laugh and have a good time; when he finally finishes his projects of the day, and after dinner, it's all about laughing and sharing good times.

So, today I thought I'd share why we love Poppy so much.



22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh these are such fun photos! I love the tractor one!
Cari

Kristina said...

Love that last bnw. It's so great. Nice tribute too, to Poppy.

Chell said...

Great pictures but the lawn mower one really makes me miss my grandpa's

Anonymous said...

Great photos! My dd loves riding on the lawn mower with her PopPop.

Reds said...

What great journaling! Love the pics too!

Mom2Drew said...

I enjoy reading your journaling along with the shots.

Becky said...

Another nice tribute! He looks like a fun grandfather. :-)

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

He sounds like a wonderful man! How awesome that you have pictures of him with your children!!

Tricia said...

I love the tractor picture, and all your journaling.

Kari said...

He sounds like quite a guy! How lucky you are to have him in your life.

Shawna said...

SO sweet! What a wonderful shot that first one is!

Malisa said...

glad you have your poppy. I called my grandpa poppy- he's been gone a while now.

Trina said...

Your DD is going to really cherish those photos!

--sme said...

Beautiful shots, beautiful story!

Lauren Hartman said...

What a beautiful tribute Sara, he sounds like a wonderful man!

Stacey said...

SO sweet! Very darling photos too!

Jess said...

He sounds awesome! That photo of your dd on the tractor with him reminds me of my grandpa. I used to ride with him when I was little, and now my kids get to ride. I love it!

pat said...

Love these photos, Sara. My FIL always took the kids on lawn mower/tractor rides...I think it's a grampa requirement! Wonderful journaling, and the photo of your inlaws is really great; love the BW.

Suzy said...

Love your journaling and those shots of Poppy are great! I love the one of your dd on the tractor with him. They'll both treasure these for sure!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet photo. I love your journaling about him too.

jewels said...

Oh, I love that first photo...and the last one...and the middle one too! Iove that warm smile in the last photo. :) LOL, I understand the joys and woes of talking politics with an Italian Grandfather! LOL :)

Cheers,
jewels

Bobbi said...

These are such beautiful shots. I just love all the names you give the special people in your life. Your daughters are lucky to be surrounded by so many great people.