June 6, 2008

Self Portrait challenge...yikes!

It's harder than it looks! I dragged out my shutter release (THIS is one of the things you would use this for, Mom!), tripod and trustly 100mm lens to try to get a self portrait. I had to change my focus lock back to the shutter so I could focus; I needed to be in apperture priority so I could ensure I was in focus, and I had my apperture cranked to between 8-14 for the whole shoot. The first one posted was underexposed- it's not so easy to meter for yourself when you aren't sitting in the spot to get a reading! So I had to increase the exposure in ACR. All shot at ISO of 500.
1/60, 8.0.
1/30, 14. same as above, different crop and in color.

I'll try to get to posting the outtakes. At one point S came out to "help me"! Too funny...

6 comments:

Val said...

Cool shots! I like the last one

Anonymous said...

great job! i agree, that last shot beautiful!

Anonymous said...

great job! i agree, that last shot beautiful!

April said...

those look great..i really like the crop in last one. i hate doing self portraits. you did a great job!!

♥ Amy said...

Very pretty, Sara!! I really like that last one - color and a little closer. Btw, I didn't see your link on the POTD post. I had to come back and find you through the comment you left on my blog. I love your comments. You always make me feel wonderful. :)

pat said...

LOVE that last shot! Self-portraits are sooo hard; I think you've done a great job, Sara.