July 28, 2008

Miss "K"

I was inspired to shoot while up at the lake. Unfortunately, my model was determined to not have fun. I'm generally pleased with these, but am mad I didn't diffuse my flash or shot with it off camera, as I ended up with pinlights from using it for fill. I WILL NOT HAVE FUN.

This one freaked me out a little when I opened it, because she doesn't look 7 to me. She looks much, much older. Please don't rush growing up, my little girl.
Rebel without a cause. I couldn't resist. I told you she didn't want to sit for me!

Thanks for looking. For anyone who is interested, here are my settings:

All were taken with my 100m lens. ISO 250.

  1. 1. 1/200, f/8; TV mode (b/c I was using fill flash and couldn't figure out what I was doing!!!); flash at -1/3 ex.
  2. 1/320, f4.5, manual, no flash. +.25 exposure in ACR.
  3. Also manual, fill flash. 1/200, f 6.3, 250 ISO.
  4. same :)
  5. 1/200, f6.3, manual, fill flash at -1/3.

Thanks for looking, and as always, cc is appreciated!





Free Counter

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

She doesnt' seem into it but it still looks like you got some great pics...moody or not!

I have a hard time with my diffuser so I do use my flash without it and then close out the pin lights. One of these days I will get better!

Unknown said...

Great photos. #3 is my favorite.

Reds said...

She doesn't look too happy but you got some great shots!!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

These are great moody shots. My fav is the first one. No she does not look 7 in that shot.

Mom2Drew said...

OOOo, that moodyness just adds to the shots. She does look older than 7 in that one, wow. Love how her hair is so whispy over her face.

pat said...

I am NOT going to smile or enjoy this one bit... I LOVE the attitude. She does look older than 7, I am sorry to say.

Jess said...

She is GORGEOUS... you are so right though, she looks WAY older in that one shot! Scary!

Amy said...

She DOES look older! Scary indeed! And you got some great captures of her attitude.

Ginnie said...

I really like the first shot. The skin tones are spot on.

Joanne Fowler said...

She is so beautiful! It's wild when you capture a child and you catch a glimpse of what they might look like in a few more years. It reminds me to enjoy each little moment now!

Debbi said...

Great shots - I really like the last two!

Alexis said...

These are wonderful! She is a little beauty! I love her expressions in all of them.

Michelle said...

well she may not have been working the camera but it was definitely working for her. she is beautiful! and definitely looking older than 7.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

She is so beautiful! I love the "attitude" you captured in these! Your processing is great too!

Angela2932 said...

She sure is pretty and sure is giving you the "look!" I like the last two also.