September 9, 2007

Just two....



She's just two for two more days. My heart is breaking each time I celebrate another milestone, another step on the ladder of her growth. It is so bittersweet to watch her go out in the world. I was laughing with my mother yesterday that as myolder daughter hit each milestone, it was such with such excitement and pride that we celebrated with her. For my "baby", it is so sad as we celebrate her become the little girl she now is.
And I send her off into the world of (pre)school tomorrow. >sigh<
I know, it is about as good as it gets to have two wonderful kids who are a joy and a pleasure and who are happy and healthy. It really is too much to ask to keep that all to our selves. Look out world, here she comes!
This snap was taken Saturday, just before her party started. Her grandparents were gracios enough to host a pool party at their house. We had a ball with her little playmates, and her close family- and friends who are family- they know that! We are blessed to have so much to celebrate in our lives.

15 comments:

cherie said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful little girl. They sure do grow up fast!

It's These Little Moments said...

Happy Birthday! I like your black and white crop.

~~Debb~~ said...

Treasure every milestone because they truly do grow up so fast. I often stop and wonder where the years went for me, [My girls are 24 and 26 now]. I was never in a hurry for them to grow up and it made a huge difference. Being a SAHM was a big help too, being there for them when they needed me. Parenthood is such a joy, but oh, so bittersweet at times!

amazing grace said...

Awww...my sweet baby just turned "2"...can't imagine next year and "3!"

LOVE that sweet 2nd pic of your dd. It's beautiful and so is she...

Hope her day at preschool goes well for her (and for you!)

leah

Travis said...

I'm glad that you decided to crop the picture. Her eyes are pretty compelling and cropping it down lets me see her expression better.

Deb said...

I also like the crop and the b/w. Gorgeous.

I was the same way with my younger one. In fact, when he hit two, that's when baby fever hit. But hubby only wanted two and my body only wanted two.

Just enjoy the ride. It just gets better and better. Well, it has so far. I might think differently when the teen years hit.

Krystle said...

This is such a cute capture. I really like it in the b&w.

Trisha said...

I agree with the PPers...I like the crop...

Happy Birthday to your little one!

Deb said...

I also wanted to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism. I really value it and I'm learning a lot from it. Thank you :)

Deb

flute4peace said...

I know what you mean about the milestones.

This is a great picture! Thanks for sharing!

Tera Fraley said...

How adorable!! HAppy Bday to her... They grow up way to quick, seems like the grow in a blink of an eye!!

Mom2Drew said...

I feel so similar with where my DS is. Good to know I'm not the only one out there who is feeling that way.

Tori said...

Love the b/w! She's a beautiful little girl! I'm the same way with my son, only he's now 4. I just sent him off this year to preschool after being able to stay home with him for several months. It was quite a difficult transition for me, to say the least. Each day, I think to myself... when did this happen... when did he grow up? It's all happened so fast!

Lorrie said...

awww.. happy birthday to your little sweetie. I only have 1 child, and my dd will be 7 next monday. It's so hard to believe. They really do grow up soooo fast.

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Love the way you've expressed your feelings- I'm exactly the same way. :) Too funny that our posts are so similar tonight! What a beautiful photo of her... I love the second one a lot!