September 5, 2007

Annual summer picture

This is our now annual picture of the grands with the kids in summer.
I wish I'd spent more time scoping the light.
I wish I'd been more serious about creating a pose. I wanted to really do a shoot, but somehow I wussed out knowing I'd have minimal cooperation. And knowing no one but me would really care. I still regret not being just a bit more insistant.

However, all that said and done, this is a fairly decent result of basically a planned snapshot. Too bad for S's smile, chopped limbs and my dad's blown out hair... but it is definately the best of the bunch.

I had to increase the contrast a lot, as they were in what looked like more shade than they were.
Okay, all that said, I like it. I like my dad's expression of pride and joy. I love my mom's expression of being thrilled to have this picture taken again. I like that I caught K's natural smile. I even like that S is making a bit of a face- as she is ever bit the imp.

It really does capture these four together as I see them. Definately not a perfect portrait, but a great representation of four of the closest people in the world to me. I'll keep it.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

they'll love it! you should frame this for them!

Deb said...

Sometimes it isn't about the perfect technical photo, but rather the special memory behind it.

I also think you should frame it for them.

cherie said...

so great you are all so close.

Mom2Drew said...

This is one of those shots where the technical stuff just does not matter. When I looked at it, my first thought was how super you got the 4 of them together, especially when the girls get old enough to really appreciate it. I wish I had more like this of my grandparents and us when we were younger. Now, I only have 1 grandma on my side and 1 on my DH's side left. i'm trying to do this with my kids now. Anyway...nice job and they are all smiling at least;)

Cindi Koceich said...

Looking at this photo I can really see the closeness and love between them! It will be cherished I'm sure!!

~~Debb~~ said...

My words were almost identical to what Deb said... so I second that! It's all about the memory.