July 24, 2009

Playing with backlight

This was my last attempt:getting closer. I wish I'd read the amazing updates to Anne's original post, with great information from Paul and Anne. Then I would have known that I'd end up battling the green cast.
I know- too much flare, not sharp enough- but I just love it. It feels like my SIL- just cool.
I was lucky to catch a happy Miss K, who had just run under the hose at Nonna's. She really is a fish- ahem- mermaid. She's most happy when in water! Just look- a REAL smile :)

7 comments:

pat said...

I like the one of your SIL--I like the warm colors, and the large areas that look like "halos". Neat shot!. Cute photo of your DD, too--sweet smile on her.

Suzy said...

I like the real smile on that last one and the one of your SIL is awesome! It is very "cool" indeed. Where are the tips your talking about and how do I find them to read? I'd appreciate a link?? Great shots!

Nicki said...

I actually really like the one of your SIL - it is well lit and captures the energy. And the little fish, er, I mean mermaid, is just adorable. All of them - well done!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

I like the sunflare in the 2nd one it gives it nice warm color. Great smile.

Amy said...

Great job with the backlighting, I just LOVE the second one! :)

My girls were given passes to the American Idol after-party by Megan Joy, she was one of the contestants. I've been showing photos of my girls with each of them for the past few days. :)

Bobbi said...

I think you did awesome! The flare on that 2nd one is amazing.

And anytime we can catch a real smile from our own kids is a major success in my book!

Reds said...

My fave is the one of your SIL - great beautiful light!