April 26, 2007

You and Me...

Hello, Mini-me!!! I wish I had a profile shot of myself for comparison. Maybe that'd be a good challenge. And then maybe one of K and M and then I could make a storyboard...



It isn't so apparent in this photo, but this little imp is physically my mini-me. I love this photo, my six year old dd-K took it for us. She's coming along as a budding photo-bug, isn't she? Yeah, I wish all of my chins hadn't made it in- and that my hair wasn't in a ponytail. But I have made the decision recently that I need to allow my presence be documented as a part of my family- not just the one always behind the camera. And as I don't care if a photo isn't perfect, but captures the moment for those I love in my life, then Damn! if the same doesn't go for me too! I do not want to be a missing momma that the girls can't recall as they grow...not that I'm planning on going anywhere!
Steppig down now. Just wanted to shout out what I've been thinking lately. TFL, and HHCC on the first photo is very welcome.


8 comments:

Amy said...

Your dd did a great job! I love the first pic ~ I always love profiles. You've convicted me ~ I need to be "in" a few more pictures too.

Michelle said...

LOL! wishing all your chins had made it in!! RMAO! i had to get a new driver's liscense yesterday and if you want ALL those chins in just have them take the pic! they definitely got mine in--and some i didn't know about! love that first pic...so sweet.

Melissa said...

I definitely need to do this with my DD. I have a mini-me too! So everyone says. I'll have to recruit someone to take our photo or use the timer. My DD is the only one and I don't know that I'd trust DH touching my camera LOL!Your DD did a great job! I love the first one, she's adorable.

jen said...

Awesome shot! And seems like we're on the same thing with trying to include ourselves in photos more...

Anna said...

I love the one of you and your daughter...especially that your other daughter took it! Lovely...I have to remember to let myself be documented...I always worry about my other chins showing there face in pics...

Cindi Koceich said...

Everything about that first photo is gorgeous! And, truly, the second photo too!! I can see the love your have for your daughter so clearly! You are so right about everything you said, now for me to just get over the fear and hand the camera to my hubby and look into the lens from the other side without wincing!

~JustJulie~ said...

The pictures are great. Both of them. Your dd is beautiful, and I can definitely see the resemblance. Hats off to you, too, for taking that dreaded (at least for me) step to get out from behind the camera. I'm not there yet. Wish I was. I just feel so un-photogenic. One day, I hope that like you, it won't matter to me what my face looks like (chins and all) or care if my hair is done nicely. It's about the moments, right? It's just beautiful.

Lorrie said...

very cute shots. your dd is adorable! I think your little one did a great job on that shot!