April 21, 2008

Children

There's my Miss K. Having fun from her twirly dress, down to her pink sparkly shoes. And Hello Kitty sunglasses. She's all girl... as she twirls around on the carousel-thing. I love that about her. She may dream in pink princess, but in her own way and on her own terms, she finds her way so that she can get down and dirty, spinning around, flying by the bars of the ride fun.
Caught laughing as she sits inside a climbing contraption-thing.
particulars: 100 mm, 1/800, 5.6 AV mode. 200 ISO (#1). Decreased brightness in ACR, adjusted for stronger contrast, and defined parameters. 1/1000, 5.6, also 200 ISO. Cropped, bumped exposure +.25 and increased brightness in ACR; screen light layer in PS. Thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Becky said...

I love her expression! I wish I could still ride on one of those without needing to throw up afterwards. :-)

C said...

:) Her smile is too sweet.

lcp said...

Ah, love the park days! One of the definite joys of being a child. She looks like she was having fun!

Bobbi said...

I love that she is a princess on her own terms! Her smile is so pretty in that second shot.

Michelle said...

she definitely looks like she is enjoying being a girl! such a sweetheart-and she's grown up so much.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet smile.

Chell said...

Oh I love those merry go round things they are next to impossible to find at parks anymore. Love her smile in the second shot.

Christiana said...

What a cutie. There's nothing like a merry-go-round like that. Come to think of it, I haven't seen one since kindergarden.

pat said...

What fun! I love those merry-go-rounds, but can't ride 'em without tossing anymore. She sure looks like she's having a blast. Nice candids!

Reds said...

Used to love merry-go-rounds... not sure I could do it anymore! She looks like she is really enjoying the ride!

Jen said...

Cute... looks like she had a ball!

Val said...

so cute! love that dress

Shawna said...

Cute!! I love girly girls that know how to get dirty and have a good time... best of both worlds!

Jess said...

LOL! She is adorable! I imagine my dd will be like this when she's older. She LOVES all things pink and girly but by golly she can sure get dirt in places I never knew she had, LOL!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

She is so cute! She looks like she is having a lot of fun at the park!

Margaret said...

So sweet! That smile in the second one is precious! Fun day!

Malisa said...

I too love the second one- close-ups are my favorite!

Tori said...

she has a really sweet smile!

Krista P said...

Very well-rounded...totally girly, yet she can throw-down with the rest of 'em. Great shots!

Tera Fraley said...

Looks like she is hamming it up for the camera... great shot.

Sharon said...

Nice captures! She looks like she is having a great time.