April 15, 2008

Just a ramble

I am forcing myself to shake off the stress. Because I can. This is a long post filled with musings, so if you aren't in the mood, come back tomorrow. I understand.



Think big picture.

Look at all of my blessings.

Look at the world bursting back to life around me.

Dusting off the camera.

Dusting off the blog.

Dusting off my humor!!!

Remembering to play. I mean, stop, laugh, and play. Have fun with my two beautiful girls. If I don't take the time to treasure them, how will they know how much I enjoy them?

Catch myself in bad habits, and shake them off.

Reframe!

Reframe!

Reframe!!!

Pray.

Counting, taking a deep breath, whatever it takes.

Doing it all again.

Patting myself on the back when I change a habit.

Making the time to treasure my amazing partner, friend, love: my husband.

Making time to nurture my soul.

Call my friends!!

Make time to see friends, old and new, far and near. Especially my husband.

Remember to give back one piece of kindness to each person I interact with.

Remember to tell Mom and Dad how thankful I am for their influence on my life and their friendship to me.

Buy Jenette flowers for thinking I'm only 32-34 :)

Meditate.

Buy flowers, until I can grow and cut my own. Flowers make me smile, all the time.

Take care of myself.

Show my girls the power of what a positive, professional and happy woman can have in the world.

Show my girls the power of what a positive, happy child can have in the world.

Make family outtings and happenings happy memories and the source of a strong foundation for each of us.

Allow others to help me when I need it.

Choose my opportunities for venting selectively.

Recognize others' venting for what it is. Offer support without drama.

Make time count.


Remember easy going does not equal easy; happiness requires action and effort. And really happiness is not the goal, peace and contentment are. Happiness is the by-product.


Hey, if you read all my ramble, give yourself a pat on the back.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ahh, patting my back right now. Isn't that battle to keep the right balance in life so real all of the time? Keep looking up and yes, take the time to play and enjoy your little ones.

pat said...

Sara--Pat, pat. Nice inventory here, and the balancing act is tough!! LOVE this shot--very very nice.