July 15, 2007

Snapshots of "S"

So, I had been thinking about the summer challenge, playing around with coutre-jour. When S came out onto our little covered portico to hang with Momma and Dad, I ran to get my camera. Now, it isn't exactly shooting into the light source, but she was backlit pretty well. Behind me, there was an open space that had light, but nothing directly lighting her, KWIM? Just enough to create catchlights in her eyes-in some of these, anyway- as well as even out the light on her face...yes!

This is her,"I'm up to no good" smile.


I played with this one, can't decide which version I like the best. This is my first attempt at a more chocolate-y conversion- is it too copper-y?





Thanks so much for looking!






7 comments:

April Ziegler said...

I missed the summer challenge post but I have to look for it now after seeing everyone's cool shots. Love the light b&w version of the last photo.

Melissa said...

I wish I would have jumped in on this challenge. Everyone's shots are great. Love her up to no good smile! And for the last 3 I like the middle b&w conversion best.

~~Debb~~ said...

The backlighting is beautiful here. You did good! I really have to work at backlit shots.
The conversions are delicious! I don't think that a conversion can be "TOO" anything. There's no right or wrong - just the way you want it to be! I really like the coppery one, although it's not really all that coppery on my monitor. Looks great.

Jan said...

She is so beautiful!! Love that wispy blonde hair and her gorgeous blue eyes... Great captures! I actually love your conversions on the last one--the "chocolate" one is really nice, imo. not coppery at all...

Jen said...

I love that first black and white. What a shot. Gorgeous little girl!

Mom2Drew said...

I'm loving that backlighting in #1, how did you meter for that? Oh, and on that last one, I prefer the very last shot and conversion on that one, it's creamy and a tad warmer.

Life's little pleasures said...

LOVE the expression on her face! Too cute! I really like that color, it looks great.