July 12, 2007

The Zoo

We visited the Adoirondack Animal Park zoo when away on vacation last week. It's a small zoo, with playground equipment and a mini western town and playhouses interspersed along the way. It's perfect for young children! Plus they have apetting zoo with goats, and further away, with deer! S. was very amused this deer was following us along the trail.
K. was amazingly patient, standing very still and holding out food. She is really good with animals. I love that she looks like she's reprimanding the deer. Too bad the dof is so shallow that she's out of focus; but, I like it anyway.
This just amazes me. She approached K. and ate out of her hand.
I hadn't ever seen a black deer before. It's kinda cool, huh?
Had to take the picture. Wouldn't you?
TFL!

3 comments:

Me said...

Very cool deer. No fear, huh? That would be a great zoo for kids (and adults, too). It looks like you had a fun time.

Jan said...

Looks like a wonderful family day... Nice captures of those memories!! Yes, LOL, I would have taken the jail shot. Who can resist??? ;)

Amy said...

Looks like fun! The jail picture, oh yeah, I'd take one too:)