July 29, 2007

Street Music






Sorry if you saw these already on the boards; I took these with the summer challenge (street photography) in mind.


My mom and I took the kids to Central Park, mainly to the zoo. If you can go, if you have young children or just want a smaller zoo that you can take in an afternoon, this is the place to be! It is amazing to know that you are in the heart of one of the largest cities in the world, and be surrounded by a rainforest!

The trumpter kindly allowed me to take his photo; S was done walking around and was happy to dance to his blues. He asked if we'd come back tomorrow- many people stopped to watch him play and her twirl around! It was great! The shots of her dancing with him aren't so great- true street photography- had to snap as I could, I couldn't get the perfect settings and framing. Plus, there was only so far I was willing to back up away from my little doll on a busy walkway.

He was playing just steps away from the Delacourt Clock (it marks the entrance to the CPZoo- and is beautiful- it plays music every half hour, as 3/4 size animals dance around in two circles. Beautiful!), in the underpass of the 79th street crossover. The stone was beautiful, and the sound of his music bouncing off the walls all around us. Great stuff!

Not even a block away, we found this group. They had a fun, jazz sound as well. The girls stopped and had a quick popscicle break awhile we all listened.

I wish I'd gotten a better shot of the bass. It was a rich nutmeg color, with lots of nics and lines in it. I was too pooped, and was lazy at that point.

Anyway, TFL!

5 comments:

cherie said...

you got some real cool shots. like the angles you used. very nice work.

Tera Fraley said...

Very cool shots!! I love the street pics!!

Dar Kaso said...

Very cool street shots. The trumpet players hands is fabulous especially in b&w.

bprincephoto said...

Nice shots. I really love the first b&w. I'm not usually a b&w person but that one is great. Glad you had fun.

Cindi Koceich said...

Love these! What a fun day!!