June 4, 2007

6 4 07

Thank you Jordyn!
I tried playing with dragging the shutter after reading the thread you pointed out at ILP. This is the best one I got out of the 11 I tried. I definately don't have the metering down yet; I had to bump up my exposure in ACR, and editted with color pop and a screen light layer. I think I've found the next piece of photography I want to focus on. I'm excited that it will be exactly what I need to know for my SIL's wedding in September (I'm in it, not offically shooting it).
Anyway, thank you Jordan for pointing out the thread, and to Amy for starting it!

8 comments:

Me said...

That's funny that you posted this today. I read that same thread and then played all night, too. LOL I'm so happy with my results. I'm going to post some tomorrow.
I would love to know what your settings were on this shot? Also, how dark was it...and where was the ambient light coming from? It looks to be coming from her left...or was that where you bounced your flash? It almost looks like she was sitting in the sun.

Debra said...

this is a really nice shot... what thread on ilp was it. i would be interested in trying it out as well...i may have to look today....

Sara said...

The sunlight was coming from behind her, but it was actually pretty dark. the light behind her was exaggerated with pping. The light was bounced from behind me (in front of her) off of shelves across the room from her.

Mom2Drew said...

You seemed to have captured our interest with your practice. I really like the results too and am off to read the ILP post...where is it located by the way?

~JustJulie~ said...

OK, you guys have me seriously wanting to get into the whole flash thing. Good thing I have an anniversary and birthday coming up!!!

This is a very sweet picture.

Amy said...

Wow, this looks good. I've been meaning to go read that! I guess I'll be going and looking for Jordan's post to find the link. I really need to practice w/this for a wedding at the end of the month!

Heather said...

Ok so now I'm off to join the crowd and find this ILP post.... You did a great job!! What we all long for to use our flash and you can't tell we used our flash......priceless:) LOL

Dar Kaso said...

Very pretty shot. Going to have check out that thread at ILP and try it.