June 6, 2007

6 7 07 Thinking about my SIL's wedding...

K's ballerina dress up caught my eye tonight. I have G's wedding in the back of my mind- I've been increasingly looking at wedding galleries. Completely for fun, but I do want to be able to get great as I can get shots for them. I'm contemplating asking if I can do an engagment shoot with them, my gift. Really a gift to me because this is not my thing. But I think it would be fun, and hey, if I get some good captures, they win, right?

This is minimally pp'd. I boosted contrast, ran defog, and a minimal color pop at 50%; sharpened and sized for web. I'm really aiming for streamlining my pping and being happier with SOOC. TFL!
Oh, yeah. Settings were: 1/40, 2.5, 200 ISO and my flash bounced over my shoulder onto a white bookcase.

10 comments:

Jen said...

Really pretty! I say go for it! I think engagement pics would make a great gift.

Me said...

Pretty. Enjoy the shoot. I think that's a great gift. Take tons of shots. You'll do great.

Mom2Drew said...

You're definitely thinking like a wedding photographer. I swear, it's all in the details when it comes to weddings...things they will forget if they don't have the photos to remind them. I'm a sucker for details, so I love this shot and that rose is so elegant, yet simple. Very nice job and can't wait to see the engagement shots.

Heather said...

Great job! I like the angle on this... nice perspective and so pretty. I think the color is perfect for this shot, not to much:)

Trisha said...

Nice shot! I think that they would really appreciate a gift like you taking their engagement pictures!

Jan said...

love the pink... It's such a soft, pretty picture!

I did an engagement shoot as a gift and TOTALLY enjoyed it!! We all had such a great time and they were thrilled with the pics--we got a lot of pretty good ones. I think you should go for it!

Michelle said...

love this shot! it's such a simple yet sweet shot! i would think they would be thrilled to have you take the engagement shots!

Tori said...

This is very nice... soft and sweet looking!

Amy said...

I love shooting weddings, def. take pictures like this ~ it's all about the details. I'm sure they'd appreciate engagement shots! I just did a session and took them to some downtown urban areas ~ awesome! Good luck!

amazing grace said...

i saw this pic in the gallery and commented as well---great shot! yummy textures!

leah