June 27, 2007

texture challenge


Clearly not going for beauty here! Something about my toes, the rug and part of S's rubber snake together really was fun to my eyes. I can't tell you why...?
The second is my favorite dish towel, or as my Dh and family call it, a "mop-een" (no idea how to spell that!). That would be what his grandma called them. There are a few Italian slang words we've kept from his family, and that's one I really like. there's also "goo-gootz" which means literally squash, but we all use it to mean squash for brains! That's my little piece of culture for the day. Boy, am I loving summer vacation!
Sorry that "Poola" the turtle didn't show herself today. I'll put her up tomorrow. I want to get swimming. To be continued...

5 comments:

April Ziegler said...

Lol. Interesting take on the 1st one. I like the 2nd shot... good color & you can really see the texture of the mop-een =)

Mom2Drew said...

My family always had words for everything. They were not as cool as yours and definitely not cultural words, more like slang.

I like the mop-een too and your color nailpolish on those toes.

Melissa said...

Pretty cool texture going on here! That mop-een has pretty colors

Cindi Koceich said...

Too fun! Love your Italian culture mixed in!!!

Trisha said...

Love the color of your towel!