June 18, 2007

Tree seed 6 18 07



This is one of the four seeds we found when out playing over the weekend. When S. accidently "broke it", we found this inside. All of us were amazed at how beautiful it is. The outside is a delicate, almost paperlike shell. K. of course immediately had all sorts of ideas about the magical properties of such a seed. Which, I have to admit, I did too :)
That reminds me, sadly- K. is beginning to enter the end of all things magical. She learned Pocohontas was a real person who lived a very long time ago, so the character in Disney must be an actress who portrays her. We were able to save the belief in other princesses, but I fear the end is near. Fortunately, her belief in fairies is very strong. She is really working on looking at her ideas and beliefs. Part of me is very proud of her, and the other wants her to always see the magic in life.
TFL, and for reading all that!
My settings were: 1/250. 2.2, 100 ISO with my 50mm lens. The last one, on the bushes, was overexposed a little; I adjusted the exposure back a bit in ACR. Otherwise, they are only editted with defog and sharpened for web. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

The seed goes perfectly with the journaling. I too like to find the magic in things, but find it more difficult now being an adult. I love the focus in these shots and the subject matter as well.

Jan said...

Awwww.... Growing up is so bitter sweet! Love your journaling on this one--it would make a beautiful scrapbook page!!! And, the seed is so cool--what a neat find. TFS

Jen said...

What cool shots. I hope she can hang on to a little of the magic for a bit longer.

Teri said...

Intresting looking seed, nice focus on them.