August 20, 2007

Just a little faith in me...

You are my lover, you're my best friend, you're in my soul... sorry, I couldn't help quoting another oldie.
I can feel the world melt away when he sits with me, when he grabs me into an embrace every time we are near, when he sits and laughs with me.
We've become adults together. We met at 18. I've learned that in difficult times, he has my back. I've learned that when we are out of synch, although it feels awful, it passes us by. We know. We just know.
I have faith in you and me. I have faith in us.
It is a precious gift to be married to my best friend.

I snapped this last night literally just pointing and shooting, trying to get a feel for my flash/diffuser and the complicated relationship between them. I have got to dig out my flash tutorial DVD again, and relearn the important stuff. But I loved this shot when I opened it. I did very little to it- I probably should sharpen it more for the web- but it just spoke to me. He thinks he looks p'd off; I see the ever so slightly turned up corner of an almost smile. But his eyes are just so perfectly expressive. I swear I can see until forever in his eyes. They are, after all, the window to the soul, are they not?
TFL!

11 comments:

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Wow... beautiful, emotional post!! Love it!

Kim said...

That is beyond sweet! The pic looks great too!

lcp said...

Great job! I really like the composition and your post is really heart felt.

Me said...

You got me. You got me good. Beautiful, almost poetic, journaling. I love your message of love. You are a lucky lady, indeed!!!!

Mom2Drew said...

Looks like you and I were on the same wave-length today. Love the emotion and I "believe" this may be the first time we've seen him, or am I completely wrong?

cherie said...

beautiful heartfelt post! the picture to me shows him looking at you just like what you wrote about him. excellent!

Kathy King Photographer said...

Sara, lovely picture and post. You are one lucky girl for knowing what you have and taking the time to appreciate it. Kathy

Melissa said...

Great shot here. Love your jouranling. . .very touching

Sara said...

Aww, thanks guys. Yep, I am so lucky.

Tinabina said...

Love the sentiment and what a nice picture - I definitely see a hint of a smile there!

flute4peace said...

Ooh, you made me all tingly!