August 2, 2007

Up to july 4th....

I did mention I am really, really behind in pictures? Ugh. I'll get there.
This is my parents' yard, looking through the woods, over the stream and out toward the neighbors. They are called smoke bombs, right?

This is S with my mother's only sister. I wrote about her before, but quite a while ago now. Bad exposure, but I was really winging it. Shoulda gone auto as I didn't really want to miss the relationships and action and stuff. Oh well.

And this, is "my Buddy". My uncle was so great with the kids, both he and my aunt wanted to relate with them. So they both went out of their way to connect with both girls. But there was something special about S. and my Buddy, as she came to call him. Uncle Jim, she still gets excited and asks if you're going to be at grandma's house!
Miss K. decided to stop pouting and to go have fun, already! I love the color and smoke and her own little sense of style in this one- notice her wearing Mom's crocs!
Dh is really a good guy. He loves to entertain the kids, and family too. He is, though, very into things that burn...
TFL! And thank you for the feedback yesterday. I will continue to play with those shots.

10 comments:

It's These Little Moments said...

I like that 1st picture it almost looks like it is a foggy morning.

Ruth Ann said...

Great photos! I really love the last one! Great job!

Amy said...

Yeah, you should have seen my dh, and brother lighting stuff on the 4th and they even got my little boy in on it! Guys..... Looks like you had a nice celebration. That first picture is neat looking.

Amy said...

Hey, I just noticed does S have an old navy flag tee on? I buy those every year for my kiddos too:)

amazing grace said...

my favorite is the first....very calm and moody at the same time...beautiful.

leah

Mom2Drew said...

I thought that first one was fog rolling in:)

That last one is super cool looking, with the tral and everything. Personal fireworks are illegal here within city limits, so it always makes me a little sad to see how much fun they are, but...

you did a good job at capturing some of those moments/relationships from the holiday.

Jen said...

What great shots. That first one is amazing!

Tera Fraley said...

Great shots!! I love that first one, looks neat. Great sparkler pics too.

robin said...

I especially like that first one - looks like fog and gives an eerie feeling to it. Our youngest son used to love to light fireworks and the smoke bombs that have different colors of smoke. I might have to try some of those photos next July! I'm sure ds will provide the smoke and fire!

Michelle said...

that first one is definitely post card worthy. love the relationships you captured. tfs!