August 25, 2007

On her own path...

S. is my youngest of two beautiful girls. She is different from her sister in about every way, starting in the womb, LOL. She is the one who likes to keep me guessing. I'm never quite sure how she is going to handle something. She can be charming and animated, she can be stubborn and stuck, she can be easily irritated, she can be determined and strong. She loves monster trucks, trains, dinosaurs and lots ofother "boy" stuff; she likes stuffed aniamals who are her "babies", pretending she is a Momma, shoes and pocketbooks. She has her own way of seeing the world, and her own path she follows. A lot of the time, we're along for the ride.
She makes me laugh at least once a day.
She can be so sweet and empathic, she makes you wonder.
She can be so headstrong, she gets herself in more trouble doing it the "hard" way.
S. is a smart little cookie, and funny. She also has a good throwing arm (cool!). If I envision K. as a future cheerleader; then S. is the one on the teams K is cheering!

I really have no idea how this journey on her path will go; I only know it's going to be bumpy, that I probably haven't been on one anything like it, and we are going to have a lot of fun!

I'm not going to give technical info on this pic, as it had to have a LOT of psing. I had to adjust the exposure, fix the horizon and crop out the distracting background. There's just something about her, maybe her "updo" hair, the way she is walking, or the dog-carrier pocketbook she carrying that just made me think of her as older...and that path ahead of her. It's good to sit back every once in a while and think about the big picture. I have faith that we will all end up in a great place. I have faith that she will find a way to go along that is unique. I have faith in God to give us all the patience and strength to guide her as she finds her way.

TFL!

7 comments:

Tera Fraley said...

Such a cute pic and funny how different your girls are. I like the background, so pretty

~~Debb~~ said...

I've been away at camp a lot the last few weeks and have missed a lot of the POTDs. I just peeked at that last few of yours. I especially like the photo of your DH. He looks like a kind soul, and I love that it's in B&W to really show the expressiveness.
The campfire shot makes me yearn for marshmallows. We've had such a dry summer that we've been unable to have open fires due to fire bans. Now that fall is creeping up on us, we should be able to burn soon.

Me said...

Sara,
This post really moved me. I love the photo, but the journaling that accompanies it is beautiful. I have a daughter just like this one. They march to the beat of their own drum. Prayers. Lots of prayers...and alcohol, if you drink. LOL J.K.

cherie said...

your journaling is beautiful.thanks for sharing.the photo works well with the story behind it.

flute4peace said...

Your descriptions of your girls made me teary. The pictures of them really seem to reflect their personalities, as well. Thanks for sharing them!

lcp said...

Wow, your journaling is amazing. I hope you print out your blogs and save them. They are wonderful pieces of "scrapbooking" in their own right. I can't tell you did a ton of pp on this. I think it looks very nice. I'm a sucker for photos of kids from behind and this one is lovely. I'm also a sucker for close up shots so I think I'd like this one with some of the background on the top and left side removed to put more emphasis on your dd. But then that removes some of the path that you beautifully discuss in your journaling.

On another note, THANK YOU for your comments on my photo (ds with various bw conversions). I can't wait to try out your advice on dodging his eyes and recropping. I appreciate it!

Kathy King Photographer said...

I missed this one and it is adorable. Even before I read your always great words I thought of "journey" and "independence". Glad you're back we missed you.