May 4, 2007

5 4 07 School social worker


I love working in a school. I like working with young children; school is where the children are! I have all the related perks of school, it's true. But I also work in a place where children already are, the families are connected and the staff are all united in the shared love of working with children. It's a great place to be. Plus, the school I am in is small- giving me two more benefits. One, I can name almost every child as they walk in the hall; second, the numbers are small enough that I only work three days a week. Although I'd love to work full time, my little one is only two. So, it has been a blessing to have these extra two days to be with her.
TFL!
**The badge idea was thanks to Janice's post. Her pic is much better than mine, though. ;) Thanks for the inspiration.

3 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

I'm so glad you enjoy your job...the kids NEED more teachers/social workers to want to be there! It gets me when they don't get paid what they deserve. These are creative ways to show us something you do outside photography and the journaling explains it so well.

Joanne Fowler said...

Great! It's so wonderful to have a job you love.

~~Debb~~ said...

Kudos!

I volunteered in my daughters' schools from JK right through to Grade 13. It is SO important for positive influences and someone for the children to turn to if they have no one else. I admire you for what you do.