May 6, 2007

5 7 07 Practice, practice, evaluate...










I'm still practicing! The learning curve is absolutely there. I'm getting sharp and crisp- once in a while. I'm working on patience...for those of you who have been hanging around two peas long enough, you may recognize my title as wise advice from Paul on learning something new.


***okay. I'm going to elaborate on the learning curve part. Please DO NOT read this as whining. I know exactly how lucky I am. And I am extraordinarily grateful. I thought my struggle might strike a chord with others who are working on mastering something new, too.

I know this lens is sweet as all get out. But I think I've achieved tack sharp about ten times- out of five hundred shots! I just want to get someone who is willing to sit for me so I can really see what this baby can do, and really learn it. Learning on moving targets is just plain challenging. And I have practiced on things that stay still- but- I don't really want this lens for still life, KWIM?***



There. Now the above are ones I'm willing to share. It's coming. Slowly. But coming.

11 comments:

Anna said...

I love the colors in these shots...your girls are so cute...glad you are getting the hang of your new lens...keep practicing and showing your great stuff!

Unknown said...

Your girls are such cuties! I really like the contrast in colors in your photos. Keep practicing and soon it will be as smooth as butter. lol TFS!

Michelle said...

well the ones you did get sharp are great! i hear you though on the moving subjects...i have to beg here to get any cooperation! don't they realize they are killing us? LOL! keep having fun with that lens!

Trisha said...

I am completely with you on the learning and practice practice....I'm constantly trying to achieve that tack sharp focus that fellow peas achieve in nearly every picture! I'm getting it though...Thanks to my fellow Peas!! We just have to stick with it! Great captures by the way!

~~Debb~~ said...

Hmmm, are photos supposed to be tack sharp? Oh Oh!! :)
I admire your perseverence, as I tend to give up pretty quickly.
Keep at it, girl!!!

Cindi Koceich said...

You'll get there! consider the process the fun part! :)
I'm so jealous that your girls can still wear winter coats. I'm sitting here at the computer sweating from the humidity and it's only 9am. Ugg!
BTW...we have that frog from IKEA too...love him!

Dar Kaso said...

I think they look great, really great color!

Amy said...

Love the colors, I think the photographs are great !

Mom2Drew said...

I think every lens has learning curves and I remember with this one...holding it steady was a challenge to begin with. Keep up practicing because it will come. Lovely color.

Sara said...

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. Yes, keeping it steady is definately the skill I'm working on. My arm/chest muscles can attest to that!

Heather Tracy Photography said...

Cute little girl!