February 20, 2008

Day 52 *shapes* 2. 20. 08.

Thanks for the feedback yesterday. I appreciate it so much!

This kissable shape makes me smile every time I see it. I've been seeing more and more signs of my "baby" growing into an independant little person. She helps us clean, set the table, cook... you name it, she wants a hand in it. Her conversational skills are blooming, and her face is suddenly losing all signs of baby-hood. *sigh* It went so fast.

Then, I have glimpses into the last vestiges of baby. Her round little tum, her perfect little belly button (she's the first person I know who has an "outie"), allowing me to swaddle her and rock her while I call her my baby and tickle her. She still loves to be rocked (hey, don't we all?) and it pleases her to no end when I stop and snuggle with her (so long as it isn't in a moment when she is choosing to be a mini-adult!).

This week I have off from school. It has been a fabulous respite. K had to return to school, begrudgingly, today. My goal was to spend the day upstairs~ clearing the clutter piled on my desk, finally conquering the laundary demon that took over my room, and maybe even taking on the corner of the girls' closet that is piled high with out-of-season, too small clothes. I got about an hour.

Then, my baby called me. and I decided that if it had waited this long, putting it off until night really wasn't such a big deal. Today, I snuggled my baby, played music, laughed, and chased her with my camera.

A perfect day, one of a few left in this golden age of hints of my baby.

I was trying to shoot manually, but had to give up- the lighting changed depending on which direction she ran in- and she did a lot of running. So here are the particulars for AV mode: 1/100, 4, 500 ISO; 100mm (of course) and my 5D. ACR: custom curves. Defog, screen light layer. I think that's it. As always HHCC is welcome and much sought after. Thanks!

25 comments:

Margaret said...

That's the cutest little belly button I've ever seen. I loved your journaling today. You spent some real quality time with your little one.:)

Anonymous said...

this is a wonderful shot! Loved what you wrote also!
Cari

Ginnie said...

I just love that shot! It gives me a smile. I think I might have to do that same thing with my kids.

HeyLady said...

This is wonderful! Such a cute belly.

Stacey said...

What a cute little belly!

cherie said...

cute belly !!! wish I could still say that .

Chell said...

Oh my word what an adorable litle belly

Unknown said...

I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw this picture... It is so funny because, today my 13month old finally FOUND HER BELLYBUTTON. She was standing in her crib, playing with her belly button. It was sooo cute. Thanks for posting this. toni

Debbi said...

Very cute! And your journaling is very precious. I miss my "babies" little tummies and belly buttons!

Jeanette said...

What a great shape! I love baby bellys!

Amy said...

What a cute little baby belly! Love your composition. I most loved your journaling, it was so sweet.

For Over 29 Years... said...

Such sweet sentiments. i agree she has the cutest outie ever!

Anonymous said...

Such sweet journaling. Cute baby belly. Your right the mess will still be there so why not take time for baby.

mamawest777 said...

Sara, your journaling is so sweet!! Makes me miss when my boys were younger. Curly will still snuggle spontaneously! Moe, on occasion, but not often!

The picture is great!!! Cutest outie I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a cute little button she has. I just love bellies!

Reds said...

Cute cute cute! Great journaling on this!

Mom2Drew said...

So beatuifully simple!! I really like your crop here. I may just lighten it a tiny bit, but other than that...great job!

Jodi said...

I do av mode all the time with kids. Manual just takes too much time with those lightning-fast little squirts.
Love the bellybutton shot!

Jen said...

Awwwwwww! I just took a shot of one of these over the weekend!

pat said...

Aww, an outie! You just want to kiss that...

Becky said...

That is just the cutest outie! Loved your journaling!

pakosta said...

awwwww i love your journaling and that's a fantastic photo of her little tummY! i want to see moreshots!
tara

Angela2932 said...

This is unquestionably an exceptional belly-button! So cute!

Tera Fraley said...

thats too cute!! Love the journaling. Do you scrapbook? That would make a great page!!

Unknown said...

Oh so yummy! I love baby bellies.