February 17, 2008

The girls

I'm off theme I know. But this weekend is a long awaited, much needed break for all of us. School is hard for K., the time away from family is tough on S., and the last two weeks have been extraordinarily intense and emotionally draining for me. So today was about savoring a "family day." we sat, we played, we relaxed, we talked, we ate and we just were. It was amazing. And can I just say, pure momma googles and all, my girls are amazing, talented and beautiful ; 0 )

Here's K: 1/125, 3.2, 800 ISO (manual)
Flash fired, bounced off the mirror behind me. 5D, 100mm lens. CWB on all pics, as well as custom curves in ACR. On both K. pictures. Light screen layer, in addition to defog and conversion. Oh yeah, ran a light dodge on the eyes in all of these.






Here's S: 1/100, 3.2, 800 ISO (manual, I think- might be AV). Bounced flash off ceiling (you can see it in her eye!). PLayed with this in ACR and had to run light screen layer in this one as well. Not sure what I did, can't seem to get my Browser to cooperate with me at the moment.

I couldn't resist making this one black and white. Seriously, my kids are beautiful! Feel free to disagree, just not on my blog ;)
TFL. I shoot for being on theme tomorrow!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are all great! Your kids are all adorable!
Cari

Merilee said...

great shots..I love the b/w ones.

Amy said...

These are all really nice shots! Your kids are adorable, love their eyes!

Stacey said...

LOL, I can't see how anyone could disagree... especially on your blog! These are great, beautiful shots!

Anonymous said...

They are so beautiful. You don't need mommy goggles to see that, Love. :)

I just love the angles you get. Really awesome, Sara! Don't you just love days where you get to stay home and just relax! I wish we got to do it more often in this house too. Its so regrouping!

Reds said...

Lovely pictures! And you are right, your kids are BEAUTIFUL!!

Val said...

Beautiful shots of beautiful girls!! You asked how far upstate I am. Waaaaaaay upstate. Near Lake Placid. :-)

Becky said...

They ARE beautiful. You are an inspiration to me with the flash-nice catchlights!

April said...

oh those photos are adorable. cute girls.

Unknown said...

She has stunning eyes and you captured that well. tfs.

Jeanette said...

Your kids are so cute. I love all the shots.

Angela2932 said...

The top photo is beautiful. And, good for you; sounds like you used the weekend to recharge your batteries!

pat said...

Ok, I don't think you need mommy goggles to see that your girls are gorgeous. Man, their eyes are stunning. Nice photos!

Amy said...

Beautiful pictures of sweet little girls. Don't you just love those "just relaxing and enjoying your kids" days?

Farrah Jobling said...

WOW...they both have really beautiful eyes! Great shots.

Suzy said...

Gorgeous!! I like each and every one of these!! Really nice shots, and the Black and whites look great!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you they are beautiful and thier eyes are amazing

Bobbi said...

No mommy googles, your girls are beautiful- don't you just love family days? Thanks for your advice on my post :)

emilyc said...

No need for mommy goggles, your girls are adorable. Glad to hear you enjoyed your family day. Those are the best!