February 16, 2008

I played with macros on our Valentine flowers. This first set is from Dh to me, because I love purple. Isn't he thoughtful? I shot all of these manually with my monopod, 580EX external flash bounced behind me to my right, 100mm and 5D. I ran a custom curve in Adobe RAW, defog and light screen light layer in PS on all of these.

1/20, 5.6, ISO 640.




1/25, 5.6, ISO 640, increased contrast in Adobe RAW


1/25, 5.6, ISO 640, increased contrast in A.RAW


1/20, 5.6, ISO 640

Thanks for looking. I am glad to finally be back up and running!


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are amazing! Wonderful shots!!!
Cari

Tera Fraley said...

these are quite lovely. I love that last one. This would make a great framed series!!

Val said...

Love these shots. Especially all the different takes.

Jeanette said...

Very pretty flower! I love all the different shots.

pat said...

Ok, I seriously love these. Am so glad you got the detail around the center of the flower, and the last one, where the entire focus in on the stripes in the petals, is wonderful!! Love, love!!

Jess said...

OH MY! These are stunning! I love the striped petals. Your focus is spot-on and the colors are out of this world! You rock!

Kristi said...

Those are gorgeous! The textures are incredible! wow!

Becky said...

I love flower macros! These are so pretty. Thanks for brightening my day.

pakosta said...

how sweet!
tara

Anonymous said...

I just adore the stripes. They are so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Glad your back up I was missing looking at your potd.
These are great shots. Love the focus and color.

April said...

oh these flowers are gorgeous..i love the last one. it looks great!

Suzy said...

I'm so glad you post your settings, I'm trying to learn a few things and your shots are just amazing!