February 24, 2008

Day 56 *more from my walk*

Hope you are enjoying these!
I found a PILE of what I later figured out to be porcupine quills, in clumps. I've never seen such a thing. I tried not to imagine WHY there would be clumps of porcupine clumps, poor thing was probably someone's meal. Which is fine so long as I don't have to see it, KWIM?

I found these lying on the leaf as though fairies of the forest had arranged them. I missed K when I saw it, thinking she'd probably create a whole story about it. I was pulled in by the soft round-ness (okay, now I'm making up words) of the pine- um, seeds? pods? - I have got to learn more about what I'm posting before I post, LOL- and the spots on the leaves.
Thanks for looking!
***and POTDers, I posted a thread on two peas looking for some help testing a few texture files I made. If anyone is interested, email me with your email, and I will send you a link to the album. I haven't heard back if it is working or not...

16 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow...wild porcupine?! How fun!!! And if you want help with the texture file I'm always willing: kristismith@cfl.rr.com

amazing grace said...

i'd love to play with the textures!!! i'll email you...:)

Anonymous said...

LOVE that last shot! The dof is awesome!
Cari

Amy said...

Very cool! Do you see porcupines wandering around? I love the last shot, great DOF!

cherie said...

great dof in the last one. thanks for sharing these , very nicely done !

Liz said...

Don't you just love finding unexpected stuff in nature.
I believe those pine thingy's are called bracken. They are the flower part of pine trees.

mamawest777 said...

Love that last one!! The details are incredible, Sara!

pakosta said...

fun, i feel like i was on the nature walk!
i wish!
tara

Bobbi said...

These shots are so great, I would have never know what those things are either. I'm going to email you about the textures too!

Val said...

Awesome shots!! The porcupine quills are kind of freaky. Someone must have been pretty hard up for a snack if they went for that!

Becky said...

Nice shots, Sara! I'm going to look for your thread now.

Jen said...

I like the DOF on the 2nd one... good job!

Anonymous said...

These totally ROCK...I just love your DOF on the last one.

Margaret said...

Porcupine quills?! That's quite a find. I love your shot of that! Very nice!

Angela2932 said...

The level of detail and clarity is awesome. But I don't think I'd want the porcupine quills sitting around on my desk or nightstand!

Mom2Drew said...

I love texture! kingskids00@msn.com

Those porc quills are really a neat find, what a great eye to have spotted them.