May 16, 2008

"Catchlights"

From last weekend's family party. This image blew me away, because it was late afternoon, inside, without a flash. I was so excited when I opened it!
This is a picture of one of our cousins and her terrific daughter. D is one of those folks where I can step into her kitchen and feel immediately comfortable. We can laugh, realte on the parenting stuff, and talk out the things that happen in life as we go along. Our girls have a nice, easy relationship too. Sadly, they live a distance away so our gatherings usually occur infrequently. I suspect it makes us appreciate when we do get together even more.
My settings were: 1/40 (can you believe that was hand held???); 2.8, 100mm lens, at 1250 ISO AV mode.
I did a strong contrast in ACR, and then did a defog and crop in pping. I believe my edditing includes a light color pop, and ran a noise reduction filter (although this really wasn't noisy, I like the softening effect on the skin).
And I've got to figure out how to copy the EXIF so I'm not writing all this stuff down! :)
I may be slightly off in my descritpion of pping- I've editted almost 45 pics from last weekend between last night and tonight!





Free Counter

7 comments:

Rheagan Leatherwood said...

I have a cousin like that and they truly are a blessing. You are very lucky.

Angie Moses said...

What a great shot. It just give you a great feel, them all snuggled up together.

Margaret said...

Love that shot. So full of love. Very sweet!

Amy said...

That's a great shot of your cousin and her dd! That is some great hand holding at such a slow ss! :)

pat said...

Great shot! Round of applause for hand held!!!

Becky said...

What a great snuggle shot! I also enjoyed seeing your mom and the dandelion fluff below.

C said...

Snuggle shot... One of the best kind :) Awesome job!!