May 23, 2008

Happiness is...(5)

Getting to be a Mommy for the day! In a perfect timing sort of way, I happened to be off from school today (a give back from lack of snow days! Ha!). And it just so happened to be K's school "recital"- two first grade classes put together performances based on information they had learned about Hawaii. It was too stinkin' cute!!! It is amazing how well they did, and how much they had memorized. It was a glorious day to be a mom.
I wish I could post more pics, but won't post pics of others' children.
And my contribution to the calss party. It was super easy, and got rave reviews by kids and moms alike!

13 comments:

Jena K Photography said...

Today must be the day for recitals and talent shows. Looks like she had fun. Love the cake.

Jess said...

Wow, you couldn't have timed that better if you had tried! It was fate for you to get to go to her recital! She looks adorable in her hula skirt! And that beach sand cake is the CUTEST! I am totally stealing that idea for our next family reunion! :)

Sara said...

Steal away, that's why it's here!

Lauren Hartman said...

These are darling, she is just too cute! I'm so happy you were able to be there and see the recital!

Becky said...

She is so cute, and so is that cake!

pat said...

What a fun party! Love the cake!

Kristina said...

What a great luau! So fun that you were able to be there. And, Sand Cake! I may have to try that...it would be perfect for a beach party!

Oh, I love your SOOC shot below. It's perfect just the way it is :)

Debbi said...

Great cake - looks fun!

Bobbi said...

That play looks too cute, it is a great feeling to just get to be a mom sometimes. That cake you made looks awesome!

Tori said...

She is so cute! Reminds me of a program I did with my kids a few years ago for Grandparent's Day. Love the cake, too.... looks fantastic!

♥ Amy said...

Looks like fun, Sara. I'm so glad you were able to be there. Cute pictures!

April said...

fun pictures..and that cake looks so good.

Tera Fraley said...

How neat that you were able to make it there for dd. Great cake too, looks cool