May 24, 2008

Happiness is...(6) *sniff*



"M". It's been 19 years growing up together~ and yes, we met when we were 19. So I've known you half a lifetime. You set my heart on fire, most especially when I see you playing with our children, working with your Dad, helping your Mom, advising your sister. You know me better than most other people on the planet, and you love me anyway. I may talk your ear off, and want to process my thoughts and feelings. You may be the quiet one. You are the strength to keep me going when all the roles I play at this point in my life crash into each other. You patiently wait, and help me put the pieces together. I love laughing with you. I love holding and being held by you. I cherish every day we have; raising our family, supporting our families, creating a life for our family that we can be proud of. And I don't tell you often enough how proud I am of you. How I watch you struggle to keep discomfort at bay so that the kids can still jump on your stomach, just for fun. How I watch you methodically deconstruct a problem, so that it can be solved appropriately. How I know you love me, even with all my craziness! And support my ideas, even when I get carried away. I love you, Buddy. You are my best friend, and I am happy to be creating this family life with you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...

Reds said...

That is too sweet! Awesome journaling!

Jess said...

That is AWESOME! He sounds like an amazing man. I got all choked up reading that and I don't even know him in person- but he sounds just like my dh!

pat said...

Oh my goodness, Sara, what a treasure! Love the journaling. You have quite a Hubster!!

Becky said...

What a great tribute! DH and I just passed the 'half our lives' mark too. It's a bizarre feeling; seems like only yesterday.

Katie said...

how sweet. Love the pic and the words about how you feel about your dh.

mel said...

great pics of him with the kids. very special! how wonderful to have such a great hubby and kids!