May 27, 2008

Gerbera daisy

Ahhh. Now that I've planted my flower boxes on my little deck, I love sitting out there in the morning with my morning coffee. It's a little slice of peace and happiness, waiting for me at the beginning of my day, and there greeting me when I return home. My flowers, tomatoes and herbs almost never fail in bringing a smile to me. Ahhhh.
This one I popped the color; for some reason it's fairly muted when I upload.
1/125, 6.3, 100mm; manual.

The color is showing up a little wonky, not too sure why. This is SOOC, with defog and crop (strong contrast curve in ACR). IRL, it is a VIVID orange. thanks for looking, and CC always appreciated.

16 comments:

Sharon said...

Very pretty! I like the first one a bit better.

Margaret said...

So beautiful. I love the water droplets. Very nice composition, too!

Michelle said...

i don't know the true color but i sure like what i'm seeing here. i can really understand why you would sit and enjoy these every day--beautiful!

periwinkle eye images said...

Great art shots with the gerbera! I know they can be so vibrant, but I rather like what you ended up with here...an almost antique look. ML

--sme said...

Love the crop on these. We're using gerber daisies for my wedding, in almost this shade, so I was particularly drawn to your shots! :)

Mom2Drew said...

Your composition is terrific...really enjoy the crop.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Pretty. Nice detail on the drops.

Amy said...

These are so pretty, I love these flowers! Great comp too!

pat said...

Nice, Sara. Love the waterdrops on them. Great comp on these.

Becky said...

I'm a fan of the composition too!

Jen said...

Lovely comp and color!

Debbi said...

I love gerberas! Great shots!

C said...

So pretty! Great comp and the color boost looks great! Yay for you getting you garden done and are enjoying it!!

mel said...

beautiful! Gerberas are my favorite. I think I'm going to be planting some this week!

Bobbi said...

Love the comp! I really like the first one, it looks a bit softer in the good way :)

erin said...

What beautiful photos the lighting and angle that you shot the photo is quite extraordinary.