May 20, 2008

Happiness is...

...being "rainbow hunters" with my girls! We were so excited to find this one outside our home yesterday when we returned from running errands. Happiness is teaching my children to look at the world around them, and to take the time to savor the joy of the moment.
And happiness is having the moment last long enough for me to run inside and get my camera, so I could capture our find.
And happiness is being able to share it. Happy day, everyone!
My settings were: 1/800, 9.0, ISO 200. 100mm lens (it was on my camera when I grabbed it!). Basically SOOC, except: defog and cropping. Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Margaret said...

That's beautiful! So glad you were able to see it...and have time to capture it with your camera!

Jena K Photography said...

Beautiful. I love rainbows it's been a long while since I've seen one in person.

Jess said...

Absolutely stunning! I think it's wonderful that you are instilling in your children to stop and SEE the beauty around us. Often we are in too much of a hurry getting from here to there to really see much of anything. That's a good reminder for ALL of us!

For Over 29 Years... said...

What a beautiful post, journaling and photo. so glad you were able to capture it all!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

One of our family sayings is "Never miss a rainbow" Love this.

mel said...

beautiful! i love happy little moments like these! today, ours was dandelions!

Mom2Drew said...

I want to be a rainbow hunter again...this is so beautiful and real! Isn't nature amazing?

Anonymous said...

Rainbows are just smiles from above I think. So lovely, and your girls are so lucky to have a mama who is willing to go out and hunt with them.

Reds said...

Love your journaling on this and I so agree! And great shot of that beautiful rainbow!!

Jen said...

Niiiiiice!!

pat said...

Sara, good for you for taking the time to help your girls notice and appreciate the beauty all around them! I love the way the sky is lighter under the rainbow, and darker above. Nice shot!!!

Shawna said...

Love this... journal and picture!! So true!!!

summerbl4ck said...

lovely and so soft! my girls love rainbows too, the sun shining thru our front door makes little rainbows on the wall every day

Amy said...

Just beautiful! I really like your composition here.

Becky said...

Beautiful! I saw a rainbow the other day but it faded before I got my act together with my camera. :-)

Sharon said...

Very cool!