May 22, 2008

Happiness is... (4)

...being able to play with something beautiful, and create something new. This is one reason why I don't want to make photography into a business. I love to play with art, not have to worry about if someone else likes it or wants it or want a change to it, etc. It is fun to experiment, and either love the result, or shrug and walk away. I love the ffeling of pride and fun in the "doing"- taking the picture, loading it (did it come out as I'd hoped/ Did I get it?), and ultimately playing with it in pping. Bringing out the best in what I saw. So you can see what I saw. I love that!


These are blooms on my newest addition to my little garden, a gift on Mother's day. I wish I had a little more wiggle room on the full bloom on the right, but a dead bloom was just plain in the way. I wish I'd seen it when I was framing the shot! But I'm otherwise pleased with how this shot came out.


SOOC- (with same ACR as below, and defog)
My play.
ACR- strong contrast curve, increased contrast slightly.
A slight color pop (my own)
purple rust texture (my own)
crop.
I wish I could find my camera settings, but Browser is not cooperating with me tonight.




10 comments:

Cindi Koceich said...

Really beautiful colors! I love the composition and texture of the second shot!

pat said...

Oh wow, Sara, I LOVE what you've done with that shot. Very arty! Wonderful comp and cropping, and the pp gives it such a wonderful texture. Really really nice.

Angelica said...

Gorgeous flowers and I just LOVE what you did with that 2nd photo!! Great job!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

What a perfect texture for this shot.

Anonymous said...

I so know what you mean...That is one of the things I really struggle with taking photographs for other people. I am so sensitive about what I think I create.

I love the texture...it almost looks like a painting now.

Reds said...

Love the pp on the second shot!! Love it! Celine

Sandra Collins said...

gorgeous

C said...

So pretty!!

Becky said...

I really like what you did with it, Sara, although I really like the SOOC shot too!

Farrah Jobling said...

WOW! Very nice...I love your pp!