January 17, 2008

Day 18- photoshop before and after

The girls had me giggling tonight as they turned the trampoline and climbing station into a ship- a pirate ship to be exact!
They were "hoisting the sails" and saving each other with a "rope" when they fell overboard into the rug- um, sea :)
It's amazing what my girls can come up with. The little yellow papers are pirate treasure they colored and cut out. They had just found it with their treasure map. The bright blue thing in the background, behind S's arm is a "talking parrot"- every pirate needs one, right?



Settings: 1/160, 2.8, 1250 ISO. Flash, FEC 0. I toned down the saturation- in the jpeg it is just too much, but in the raw it looks great. Unfortunately, I still can't access my RAW files in my PS. Anyway, I ran noise reduction in Photoshop, reduce saturation in layers, and I think made that layer a "screen light" blend at a fairly high %; maybe as high as in the 50-60 range? I ran defog and resized for web.


20 comments:

Kristi said...

Their imagination is just fabulous! Says a lot to how you've raised them! Very cute thing to capture!

Anonymous said...

That is a great capture! I love capturing their little moments of play. Mine are getting too old for that. SIGH...
Cari

Toni said...

I love that age. They are so witty! Toni

Teri said...

I need little ones to work with, must be fun.

For Over 29 Years... said...

Very nice capture and journaling. It looks so clear.

Lauren Hartman said...

Don't you just love little kids' creative minds?!? I love the way you were able to capture what they were doing, I hope you'll save what you wrote here and keep it with the picture.

Ginnie said...

I really like the soft muted colors in your edited version. Nice job!

Stacey said...

How fun! Kids are SO amazing, love the creativity!

Michelle said...

very cute photo! these are definitely the memories they will want to have. your pp-ing is very nice. and i agree about the 7:30 thing...

Angela2932 said...

I really like your editing. I think the color and emphasis is really improved by what you did. And what sweet little pirates! Oh, and also, thanks for explaining what you did in your editing. It really helps us photog newbies.

Anonymous said...

great capture! :)

Amy said...

Looks like they were having a lot of fun and you did a great job of capturing it!

Bobbi said...

I love that the girls are playing pirates! Such a cute capture and I really like the desasturated look a lot.

Val said...

I love when kids do spontaneous imaginative play. So fun!

tori said...

how fun! They sure have an imagination, huh?! :)

Anonymous said...

I like capturing moments like these. Could you clue me in on Noise reduction? I've heard and read about it.

Becky said...

I really like this slice-of-life capture. And I love the crop you did in the post down below. Such a sweet face.

Margaret said...

Nice capture of some fun moments!
Love your plays in PS, too!

Danielle said...

I really like your pping on this picture. I love how creative kids can be.

robin said...

I like the transformation on this one. Looks like they are having lots of fun - great capture and journaling. Reminds me of when my sister and I were little and used moms shoes for Barbies car!