January 5, 2008

Day 6


This is Sammy, our kitten. Caught him taking a snooze under the Christmas tree.

He's our troublemaker. I'm not particularly fond of cats. I conceeded when my oldest had a sit down with me, explaining that although fish are pretty, she can't talk to or play with them. Realizing the time had come, and that with our current lifestyle and where we live isn't conducive or fair to a dog, I agreed.

We got Rocky and his brother Sammy in September. Although I am glad for the girls we got them, they are a pain. They pick me to sit and snuggle with. They harass me in the morning until I sit down and give them a pet. They meow when I ignore them.

Sammy is lucky to be with us after having: knocked over my rubber tree plant and breakin gthe planter, jumping over our gate and barging into the kids' room in the middle of the night, jumping up on our kitchen table and other acts of mayhem. It's a good thing my kids love him!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great shot! We got a puppy that we all love but she is a trouble maker none the less...
Cari

Leslie Morgan said...

Awww, looks like a real sweetie! LOL at the stories about them. :)

Unknown said...

aww....looks blissfully happy! great shot!

me said...

he is adorale. I love the lights in the dof!

Tomboymama said...

I have a soft spot for kitties. He looks really sweet. They can sure be trouble, but I can't imagine my life without at least 1 kitty in it. Nice picture.

Yvette A said...

Cute kitty, I have two cats and I lock them in the basement at night because that is when they decide to run up and down the stairs meowing all thru the night...lol

bcgal00 Rae said...

Great photo. The purple really stands out...like that!

Anonymous said...

Great capture! Love the bokeh! I am not a fan of cats either...for all the reasons you mentioned, so I feel for ya! :)

Anonymous said...

i love cats! i think i want to be one in my next life!

someone will feed me, massage me on demand, i can sleep all day and someone will clean up after me when i go to the bathroom! lol!

Anonymous said...

oh, no! i forgot to tell you that i love the picture too!

love the lighting and wonderful dof! :)

Bobbi said...

Awww, I want a cat especially after this picture. It has such a warm and cozy feel to it.

Mandy said...

What a beautiful kitty, and a nice photo. He does have a mischievous look to him.

Val said...

Sounds like his name should be trouble! hehe I like the DOF on this. Great shot

Tera Fraley said...

Sounds like a michevious kitty!! Great picture, love the feel of it!

Liz said...

Beautiful exposure and color, such a sweet photo of your kitty.

Becky said...

One of my favorite kitty expressions. No cats for us, couple of allergic people, so I like to look at kitty photos.

GardenLuvr said...

But, Sammy looks so innocent...excellent capture.

Tori said...

What a cute kitty! I love cats.... that aren't ours, and that I don't have to clean up after. My DS keeps asking for another cat (ours died about 1 1/2 years ago), but I just can't do it.

Jess said...

He is beautiful! I used to have a kitty who looked a lot like this- I miss him! He certainly doesn't look like a troublemaker! (LOL)