January 4, 2008

Day 5


First of all, thanks for the crazy number of responses yesterday. You guys really made me feel better. I was feeling a bit at witt's end. So, thank you.


I'm down with the flu again... I had a whole five days of relative health. Ugh. So, again, a simple snapshot. I just snapped it twenty minutes ago, while they were waiting for pizza.
This pic of K makes me laugh. It's just so her. Yes, that is the trampoline she is sitting on. As she colors, LOL.
And the sweet girl is drawing a picture of me and her together- "to cheer you up Mom. I thought if we dressed up in pretty dresses it would make you feel better."
No wonder I think this kid is amazing, huh?
Also, it explains my more-than-usual grumpiness last night.
Technical: 1/200, 2.8, ISO 640. No FEC, (or set to 0, not sure how to write that, actually). It's a little underexposed- her dress and pants all became a big ol' shadow. But when I had the flash dialed up, I blew her face. I tried a slower shutter speed, but I didn't notice a discernable difference. Of course, I feel awful, so really my attention to detail tonight is lacking.
Thanks again for all the feedback!

27 comments:

Krista P said...

How cute is she (the whole trampoline/coliring thing)! And check out that hair - Beautiful! Nicely captured.

pakosta said...

great shot!
tara

flute4peace said...

What a sweet, sweet girl!! Don't worry about your exposure, my dear, get thee to bed! (but it doesn't look bad to me) I hope you feel better!!

Mom2Drew said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling under the weather, that STINKS! I admire you for still posting, such dedication. Isn't it fun to have so many POTDers? Or...and for the record, I too like to color.

Anonymous said...

Love the fact that she is on a trampoline!!! So cute...hope you feel better!
Cari

Michelle said...

my mom had a trampoline like that and my kids always sat on it to do things-lol! sorry you're not feeling well. hope you're better soon!

Anonymous said...

Cute shot. Get better real fast

pat said...

Whoa--for not feeling well, you did a nice job with this! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Val said...

Cute shot! Love her long hair. Hope you're feeling better fast!

Angela2932 said...

Hope you feel better soon! She's beautiful! And I love the un-self-conscious way she tucks her feet in under her and concentrates on her artwork. It's all so sweet!

stephie xx said...

Awwww that is so sweet. Hope your feeling better soon! :)

me said...

what a sweet girl. Feel better soon

April Michelle said...

cute and sweet! hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! Hugs!

Kristi said...

Aww, we all hope you feel better soon! It's such a blessing to have such a sweet daughter who thinks about how to make mommy feel better! Thanks for posting despite being sick! It put a huge smile on my face!

Bobbi said...

That is so cute that she is on a trampoline, I hope you feel better soon.

Danielle said...

kids are so creative I love that she is on the trampoline also.

Mandy said...

Adorable. I love how her hair is covering her face, but you can still tell that she is diligently thinking of her masterpiece.

Unknown said...

Aww cute! I love drawing pics! She's got the prettiest hair, btw! LOL....Great job!

HUGS about the flu!

Katie said...

oooh that is so sweet....what a cutie pie...I hope you feel better soon; I'm battling sinuses over here and it's no fun...

Tori said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! I have some soup left over... want me to send you some? ;)

Very sweet shot.... the shot itself and the story behind it. I love that she's coloring on the trampoline! Too cute!

C said...

great picture!! :)

Jess said...

This is adorable! I had to giggle that she sits on her trampoline to draw- I used to do the same thing when I was little (but it was a BIG trampoline!)

I hope you get to feeling better. I have done the flu thing twice this winter already too and it's no fun! *hugs*

Tomboymama said...

Aw, that is great. She sounds like a real sweetie. I can see the trampoline being comfy to sit on :-). I hope you are feeling better soon... the flu is no fun. A good picture to remember the sweet story by later!

Becky said...

Feel better. Don't push yourself too hard!

Margaret said...

Cute shot! I love to see captures of everyday moments. One day they won't be every day anymore.

Ashley Hiskes said...

What a wonderful daughter you have! I hope you are feeling better now.