January 8, 2008

Day 8




Focus into 2008: Play.

2. I want to focus on: playing with the kids.
It has become a little too easy to get lax about playing. With an added day of work, added exra-curricular activities, and the little one in preschool now too, life's pace has become much faster. Add in the homework thing, and time just runs on by.

I need to make time to play and/or have fun with both of my kids each day. Not sitting with them, but playing. I really enjoy it, and so do they. We will all be happier, and let's face it- there's not a lot of time left that they will want me to play with them. I gotta jump in there while the getting is good.

This is a "swan princess" my daughter made out of Sculpey. She asked me to help her with the pond. I only made the rocks and tree stump, she did the rest. The purple thing in the water is a fish, and the green is seaweed. Isn't she creative?

TFL. AV mode (being a little lazy with my snapshots) 1/60 (the closer crop) and 1/80, 4.0, 500 ISO. Flash, no FEC, bounced off of the ceiling.

9 comments:

Yvonne said...

Love your pictures! Especially the first one, where you can really see the focus on the artwork!! Your daugther did a great job!!

Kristi said...

That is a wonderful thing to focus on. And her play-doh sculpture is AWESOME!!!

Mandy said...

I totally agree. It really seems that kids don't get enough time to just play.

Anonymous said...

playing more is always good. Nice start. Cute sculpture

Margaret said...

Yes, I agree. Play is definitely a good thing. I love the DOF in that first shot!

Val said...

Very nice! Hope you are feeling better!

Becky said...

She is very creative! I love Sculpey-no stink!

Farrah Jobling said...

ahhh...so sweet. I hope she feels better soon!

cherie said...

great thing to focus on because those years go by so fast!!!!