January 22, 2008

Day 23- words

Let me say, I am not by nature a morning person. It is unhealthy for me to have human contact until after I have been in bed for twenty to thirty minutes, washed up, and at the very least started brewing my coffee.

It is my great fortune to have a coffee maker that brews one cup at a time, in the most lovely brands and flavors. There is something about the smell of coffee brewing that immediately provokes a sense of energy and contentment. Is it that I can remember the smell from my youth? Or perhaps it is more that I am conditioned as Pavlov's dogs. Either way, "Green Mountain Coffee" (especially yummy Breakfast blend), at least for me, has a whole lot of happy association with it.

:)
TFL. As has become my habit, this was taken with my 5D, (which I am loving, thanks, Heather!) and 100mm lens on macro setting. I strongly suspect most of my posts this week will be with the same setup- I am enjoying this experiment.
CWB. 1/160, 5.6, 1000 ISO. defog, sized for web. The background, by the way, is white paper :)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh isn't the 5d the best!!! Great photo!
Cari

Mom2Drew said...

My aunt has one of these coffee pots, I think its cool how you can brew one cup at a time. It tastes really good too.

~~Debb~~ said...

Definitely a Pavlov's dog thing going on now. I salivating for a latte!!

Stacey said...

LOL, I love your morning routine!

pakosta said...

cute pic~
and i LOVE me some coffee toO~!tara

April Michelle said...

cool shot - love it

Donnah Ciempka said...

I like it and I need coffee now. There is no good coffee in Korea.

Angela2932 said...

OK, I'm gettng up and getting a cup of coffee right now! AND this is just another argument for me to look at eventually get a macro lens!!!

~~Debb~~ said...

Me again! Thanks for the nice comments on my blog! :)
(I would have added this to my previous comment, but I don't know how to edit comments!)

Melissa said...

Hmmmm gotta love a good cup o joe!! Thanks for taking the time to cc my flash shots Sara! I so appreciate it! I used the diffuser that came with the SB800 and I bounced it off the ceiling. I'm pretty sure my settings were the same for all of them and I think I ran a different B&W conversion on the last one. I know nothing about my speelight. Just keep trying to practice :)

Liz said...

Cute shot, I love me some good coffee in the morning too.

Tera Fraley said...

How cool!! Is it a Tassimo? We have one of those at work, too neat!! I love the disclaimer :)

Suzy said...

Love this!!

Amy said...

Very nice focus! I'm curious, I have the 100mm macro lens and didn't realize I had to set it to a macro setting. How do you do that? Thanks!

April said...

that's a great shot.

C said...

hmmmm good!

Jessica said...

mmmm love it. I am a coffee addict too, I never was....then came children. Now I have to have my morning coffee!

Mandy said...

Always nice to meet a fellow addict. I tell the children (they never listen either) that I need some peace until I have had my coffee.

Margaret said...

Nice shot and love your comments!

Becky said...

Love your homage to coffee!

Anonymous said...

I am right up there with you. I don't want to even talk till I have a cup.